The best products to help you maintain a healthy, thriving, and successful dwarf shrimp tank.
Please check out our blog "Where to buy SL-Aqua in North America"
- Lightly sprinkle SL-Aqua Magic Powder evenly across the surface of your substrate.
- Fill with just enough remineralized RO water to just cover the substrate only.
- Add SL-Aqua Purify over the Magic Powder and substrate. ~20ml per gallon of water added in step #2.
- Wait 24 - 48hrs for the Purify and Magic Powder to seed the substrate with healthy bacteria.
- After 24 - 48hrs then fill the rest of the tank with Remineralized RO and turn on sponge filters or other filters, add heater set to 86F during cycling only. Add lights on a standard 8hr schedule. We recommend 24x7, but its not necessary.
- In about a week or so you will start to see a nice layer of bacteria everywhere, especially on the substrate.
- After 10-15 days add an additional dosing of Purify, 10ml per total gallons of water in the tank.
- After approximately day 30 or so, the bacteria layer may start to clear up and the water will begin to become clear. It's ok for some of the bacteria to remain present, the shrimp will feast on it!
- Perform a 50% RO water change and adjust GH using SL-Aqua Blue Wizard to desired GH range. We recommend 4-5 GH, See our Dwarf Shrimp Water Parameters page for more info.
- Acclimatize and add your beautiful shrimp.
- Dose with SL-Aqua TM-1 to ensure trace elements, shrimp immunity, increases spawning, greater growth, stronger color, and also increases the ability of plants to absorb nutrients
*Add SL-Aqua Shrimp Safe Bing Tsau Plant Fertilizer every 2-3 days after step #6 to increase the growth speed of nitrifying algae.
Amazing video by our friends from AquariumCreation.com
Photos and videos from satisfied clients using the super easy SL-Aqua Cycling Method.
Notice the shrimp feasting on the bacteria!